News and Notes

  • LBAA and ABC Join to Celebrate 50 Years of Black Lawrentians

    Posted March 4, 2015
    Sam Washington '81 P'14 '17 accepts the first annual "Trailblazer Award" from Isaiah Thomas '15

    Although hosted by the Lawrenceville Black Alumni Association (LBAA) in concert with the School’s Alumni Office, the Black History Month celebration of 50 years of black Lawrentians was a student production from start to finish.

  • Emma McClendon ’05 Sheds New Light on the History of Fashion

    Posted February 25, 2015

    While fashion trends come and go by the season, the assistant curator of costume at The Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology (MFIT), Emma McClendon ‘05, is dedicated to finding the historical thread that weaves them together.

  • Adam Spector ’00 Dives Deep to Support Coral Reef Conservation

    Posted February 18, 2015

    Adam Spector ’00 finds time to give back to the environment through his work with the Coral Restoration Foundation (CRF).

  • Cupid on Campus

    Posted February 14, 2015

    For these lucky alumni, Lawrenceville provided a diploma and a soul mate. We knew it was bound to happen when girls were admitted in 1987, and the list continues to grow. Currently, we have 44 alumni couples, and this year Lawrenceville welcomed its first full-blooded alumni child into the Second Form. Check out the list below to see how many marriages you would have predicted.

  • TROD Goes “Cool” for #5

    Posted February 13, 2015

    Tuition Runs Out Day, or TROD, is the day when tuition runs out and philanthropy kicks in. Even full tuition only covers 60% of the cost of a Lawrenceville education, which means the remaining 40% must be covered by gifts to the School. Fortunately, Lawrenceville alumni and parents are a generous bunch, so five years ago the Student Council, with help from the Alumni Office, introduced a new School tradition – the annual celebration of Lawrenceville’s donors on the day their dollars begin to pay the bills. This year, students marked the fifth anniversary of TROD by adding a new layer of “cool.”

  • Lawrenceville Mourns the Loss of Jean Stephens H'50 '59 '61 '64 '68 '89 P'78 GP'06

    Posted February 13, 2015

    The Lawrenceville School is sad to announce the loss of Jean Stephens H'50 '59 '61 '64 '68 '89 P'78 GP'06. A memorial service for Jean will be held on Saturday, February 21, in the Edith Memorial Chapel at 2:00 p.m. There will be a reception in the Kirby Arts Center immediately following the service. All are welcome to attend the service and reception.

    For those wishing to honor Jean's memory, gifts may be made to The Lawrenceville Performing Arts Camp, The Lawrenceville School, Box 6125, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648.

  • Post Your TROD Selfie!

    Posted February 10, 2015

    Lawrenceville’s annual celebration of Tuition Runs Out Day, this year on February 12, will add an opportunity for Lawrentians everywhere to participate and win prizes by posting their TROD selfies to Facebook/Instagram/Twitter in our first ever #BigRedTROD Selfie Contest.

  • Meghan Bush ’06 Seeks Innovation at Every Turn

    Posted February 4, 2015

    The San Francisco Bay Area is hardly hurting for full-service advertising agencies with impressive client lists, but how many can say they equally represent high profile brands and everyday consumers? Meghan Bush ’06 is an account manager at just such a place: Eleven, Inc.

  • Harry Kuhner ’54 Receives 2014 Theodor Kramer Prize

    Posted January 26, 2015

    Herbert “Harry” Kuhner ‘54, writer and translator, has been awarded the 2014 Theodor Kramer Prize for Writing in the Resistance and in Exile.

  • In Memoriam: Paul Porter H'68 '69 '72 P'76 '78

    Posted January 19, 2015

    It is with great sadness that we share the news of the passing of Paul Porter H'68 '69 '72 P'76 '78, beloved former faculty member. Porter, who was 81, passed away on January 15.

    Paul spent a total of 38 years at Lawrenceville, including 13 years as chairman of the Math Department, and served as Dean of Studies and Assistant Dean of Students. He was a great champion of the School Camp and remained so throughout his life. In 1999, Paul received the Masters Award from the Alumni Association in recognition of his “distinguished classroom teaching and many contributions to The Lawrenceville School.”

Publications

Lawrentian Button_2.jpg    

visit us online

 FB Logo.jpg   Twitter.jpg  linked in.jpg    yoyu tube.jpg   printerest.jpg