The eleventh annual Big Red Race will be held Sunday, May 4, 2014. All proceeds from the race go directly to support Lawrence Township children who have been selected to attend the School Camp, a summer camp serving underprivileged youth for over 100 years.
Adults will race a 5 kilometer course beginning at 10:15 a.m. This is a fast, flat, twisting course in and around the Lawrenceville campus. Children will race a variety of distances at starting at 9:00 a.m. at Keuffel Stadium on the Football Field/Outdoor Track.
5K Details: 10:15 a.m. start
- Please pre-register. Only those pre-registered by April 28, 2014 are guaranteed t-shirts. After 4/28 t-shirts are as available.
- All registered runners will be automatically entered into Big Red Race Raffle.
- A prize will be given to the Lawrence Township family with the most participants in the Kid’s Race and Adult 5K.
- There is a $20.00 non-refundable entry fee for adults; $25.00 on Race Day. $10.00 for high school students and younger ($15.00 on Race Day).
- Top 3 finishers overall (1st, 2nd, and 3rd)
- Age 10 & under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+ (1st, 2nd, and 3rd)
- 1st Lawrence Township Resident (non-Lawrenceville faculty)
- 1st Head of School
- 1st Clydesdale/Filly (male 200+/female 140+)
Please Note: All Races will be held rain or shine (registration and children’s races will be inside the Field House should weather issues necessitate a move).
Big Red Race Food Drive: Participants and spectators are encouraged to bring canned food for the Big Red Race Food Drive in support of community agencies fighting hunger in the Lawrence area. Please consider making a donation and/or participating in the Big Red Race Raffle on race day. If you prefer, or forget your donations, food bags will be available for purchase.
Children’s Race Details: 9:00 a.m. start
- All Children’s Races will take place at Keuffel Stadium on the Football Field/Outdoor Track.
- All Children’s Race Participants receive a finisher’s medal and t-shirt. Though the race is free, we ask Children’s Race participants bring a non-perishable food donation of canned goods in place of the $5.00 entry fee.
|3 years and under:
|4-5 years old:
|6-7 years old:
|8-9 years old:
|10-11 years old:
Please pre-register for the Childrens’ races! Only those pre-registered by April 29 are guaranteed t-shirts and medals. After April 28, t-shirts are as available.
Big Red Race Map with directions and parking information. Registration, start, and finish lines will be in front of the Lavino Field House. Registration will be located indoors if weather necessitates a move. Parking is available behind the Kirby Arts Center and in the Ice Rink parking lot.