From 1929 to 1976, the Lawrenceville School Infirmary, as it was then known, occupied the Georgian style building that is now the McPherson House. In 1931, the mothers of boys in the School created the Ladies Auxiliary to The Lawrenceville School Infirmary.
With the creation of Parents at Lawrenceville in 1975, the Ladies Auxiliary became the Infirmary Committee, a support organization open to fathers and mothers of Lawrenceville students. In 1976, in recognition of changed patterns of health care and changed needs of adolescents, the School replaced the older building with the Curtis W. McGraw Infirmary. Donated by the immediate family of Curtis Whittesley McGraw ’15, it provides a particularly appropriate memorial because of Mr. McGraw’s intense interest in both health and athletics. In anticipation of Lawrenceville’s move towards coeducation, the School approved adding a wing to the facility in 1987.
As attendance grew at Lawrenceville, so did the need for a larger Infirmary. In 2001, Trustee Clark McKenzie funded a study to research ways to adjust to the ever-growing needs of the Infirmary. Charles Shipley ’35 then provided the funds for design and construction costs. In 2005, when Shipley passed away, Fahad Al-Rashid ’98 generously offered to continue the funding and in January 2009, the Al Rashid Health and Wellness Center officially opened.