DEI Strategic Plan
Statements of Belief
Equity, inclusion, and human dignity are at the heart of the community we aspire to be.
We therefore commit to the following beliefs fundamental to our Mission:
In order to inspire the best in each, we must engage in a culture that actively rejects racism. We can achieve a more just and equitable community when we invest fully in ourselves and in those around us — and when we expect the same in return.
- Develop employee resource groups committed to making DEI an institutional priority and responsible for strategic and operational initiatives.
- Cultivate an inclusive climate that champions DEI -- including race, socio-economic background, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, language, and national origin.
- Develop a culture where community members feel welcome, valued, and a sense of belonging.
- Ensure that academic and residential curricula reflect a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Create training opportunities and DEI awareness programs for all community members.
- Develop strategic touchpoints with students, parents, faculty, staff, and alumni through multiple communications platforms in an effort to both educate and inform.