The Information Technology Services (ITS) department supports the use of information technologies for the School's academic and administrative needs.
The mission of Information Technology Services is to encourage and support the productive and innovative use of technology within the entire Lawrenceville School community.
TechConnect, a computer orientation session for all new students is held during Registration Days. At that time, students are be shown how to connect their laptop to our wireless network, provided with Microsoft Office if needed, have their laptops configured to use their House's laser printer, and receive assistance with other tasks required to get their laptop ready for the first day of classes. Please make sure to attend on your registration day.
Students are expected to bring their charged laptops/MacBooks to class each day. Laptops must be able to run Microsoft Office, which will be provided by the School.
- Intel core minimum i5\m5 or higher
- Minimum of 8GB RAM or higher (minimum 16GB for students in programming, digital art, and graphics)
- Windows 10 version 1904 or MacOS X 10.5 ("Catalina")
- Anti-Virus protection software with a current subscription for updates
- 3-4 years full warranty
- Full accidental damage coverage for laptops, including screens
- Malware protection software with a current subscription for updates
- Serial numbers and contact information for warranty support
- Surge protector (fire code prohibits the use of extension cords on campus)
- Carrying case and locking cable
- Install/restore discs for your computer system and Office software (if you have them)
- Day students may want to purchase an additional laptop charger to leave at school
- Students should avoid bringing personal printers, and have access to printing in all student Houses and at the library through cloud printing