The Gruss Center for Art and Design (GCAD) will be a community hub for innovation, creativity, and collaboration. While fabrication and design are not new to Lawrenceville, GCAD will pull together collaborative energy from all departments, extending the Harkness table by providing space for experiential and project-based learning.

The 16,000 square foot GCAD will feature:

  • Roughly 4,000 square feet of workshop space
    (three times Lawrenceville’s current STEM Center)
  • Fully equipped woodworking and metal shops
  • 3D printers
  • Large format laser and vinyl cutters
  • CNC plasma cutter
  • CNC vertical mill
  • CNC routers
  • 2,200 square foot, reconfigurable meeting space
    • Entry
    • Maker Space
    • Flex Room

Ground Breaking

Fly-Through



GCAD Milestones

List of 3 items.

  • 1931: John Dixon Library opens

    Building named for the Rev. John Dixon, President of the Lawrenceville School Board of Trustees from 1924-1930

    Photo: John Dixon Library Rotunda, 1954
  • 1960: Carpenter Wing “Laboratory/Workshop” Opens

    Named for Ned Carpenter ’39

    Photo: Carpenter Construction, 1959
  • 1998: Gruss Center for Visual Arts Opens

    This currently existing space, which will surround GCAD, includes studios for painting, photography, drawing, design, ceramics, printmaking, woodworking, and an art gallery with permanent collection and rotating exhibits.

    Photo: Gruss Center for Visual Arts, 2016

Program Development Committee

Pete DeVine
Allen Fizpatrick ’73 H’85 ’89 P’99 ‘04
Emilie Kosoff H’96 ’00 P ‘19
Dave Laws P’21
Marta Napiorkowska
 
Through House and Harkness, Lawrenceville challenges a diverse community of promising young people to lead lives of learning, integrity, and high purpose.  Our mission is to inspire the best in each to seek the best for all.