Al Rashid Health & Wellness Center

Lawrenceville’s Al Rashid Health and Wellness Center is a 12,300 square foot, 18-bed, facility that accommodates two distinct wings; one for inpatient care, and the other for outpatient care. It is staffed by a physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, round-the-clock nurses, x-ray technician, secretaries, licensed psychologists, and a consulting staff consisting of psychiatrists, orthopedists, nurse midwives, and a registered dietician. While School is in session, inpatient and outpatient care is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Medical Forms

Yearly updated medical registration forms, including signed permission to treat, are required before students are allowed to register, attend classes, or participate in athletic events. Forms should be submitted by July 15. Parents should inform the Health and Wellness Center promptly of any new or changed medical treatment at home during the academic year, particularly if such treatment includes prescribed medications.

History

From 1929 to 1976, the Lawrenceville School Infirmary, as it was then known, occupied the Georgian style building that is now the McPherson House. In 1931, the mothers of boys in the School created the Ladies Auxiliary to The Lawrenceville School Infirmary.

With the creation of Parents at Lawrenceville in 1975, the Ladies Auxiliary became the Infirmary Committee, a support organization open to fathers and mothers of Lawrenceville students. In 1976, in recognition of changed patterns of health care and changed needs of adolescents, the School replaced the older building with the Curtis W. McGraw Infirmary. Donated by the immediate family of Curtis Whittesley McGraw ’15, it provides a particularly appropriate memorial because of Mr. McGraw’s intense interest in both health and athletics. In anticipation of Lawrenceville’s move towards coeducation, the School approved adding a wing to the facility in 1987.

As attendance grew at Lawrenceville, so did the need for a larger Infirmary. In 2001, Trustee Clark McKenzie funded a study to research ways to adjust to the ever-growing needs of the Infirmary. Charles Shipley ’35 then provided the funds for design and construction costs. In 2005, when Shipley passed away, Fahad Al-Rashid ’98 generously offered to continue the funding and in January 2009, the Al Rashid Health and Wellness Center officially opened.

Contact Us

Al Rashid Health and Wellness Center 
The Lawrenceville School
PO Box 6011
2500 Main Street, Route 206 N.
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648

E-mail:  
Phone: (609) 896-0391
Fax: (609) 895-2056

Medical Staff

List of 23 members.

Sports & Medicine

List of 3 members.

Counseling

List of 4 members.

Through House and Harkness, Lawrenceville challenges a diverse community of promising young people to lead lives of learning, integrity, and high purpose.  Our mission is to inspire the best in each to seek the best for all.